...SNOW, SNOW, SNOW!!! We love the snow, at least when we don't have to drive in it. We spent our Christmas holiday at our families cabin in Truckee. It was so much fun and since we didn't have to go anywhere we loved that we got snowed in for a couple days. It was absolutely beautiful and we took full advantage of sledding, snow shoeing, and skiing. Here are some highlights.
Family photo opportunity. Brooklyn's the one sleeping under the blanket. Yep, as soon as she was snuggled up warm in the carrier she went right to sleep for the duration of our sledding adventure.
Sledding down the hill is so much fun, but don't forget you have to walk back up that hill. Aiden often opted to ride back up in the sled.
Aiden loved making snowballs and throwing them at daddy.
Brooklyn and I even got in on the action. Of course she slept through her first sled ride. At least we have this picture to prove it.
My brother and sister (Mer and Greg) going for a ride. I think they had just as much fun as Aiden did.
Aiden and daddy going for a ride.

The day before Christmas we all bundled up and went down to the local sledding hill. Everyone got in on the action and Aiden had a blast in the snow. We even bundled up Brooklyn and put her in the baby carrier.
Here is Brooklyn in her very cozy snow outfit (thanks Jenny).
Here is the whole family ready for some sledding fun.
First trip down the hill.
Aiden and daddy going for a ride.
This is what we woke up to Christmas morning and it just kept coming down.
The men went out to shovel us out and this is how we found the truck.
Since the roads were closed and driving wasn't an option, we strapped on the snow shoes and went for a beautiful walk in the woods. The pictures don't do the beauty justice.
Aiden what are you making?
That is an interesting way to make a snow angel!
8 comments:
I think it's so pretty -- and I'm so glad I don't live where we get any snow. I think I'm done with snow.
that is a lot of snow! my husband would have been in heaven. looks like fun!
I have to laugh a bit. You do the same thing I do with my babies: bundle them up, put them in the front carrier and then toss a blanket over them. You're the only other person I've seen do that! As for snow...the sun came out today for the first time in weeks and started to melt the two feet that's been frozen in my driveway. I think I'm over winter...
Great Pictures! Aidan is so smart - much better way to make snow angels! Brooklyn is so adorable! Come here, if you want some snow! It should still be here in June! :/
How fun! It looks like you had a great time! Your little girl looks adorable in her snowsuit!
Sounds like a great trip sledding! And what beautiful snow...ours is just patchy and makes our parking lot and ice skating rink!
Your kids are so cute! How are you guys liking Oregon? That snow was amazing. We've been getting some crazy snow here in MA- a big change from TX
Great photos Beth! The one of Brooklyn is adorable and I can feel the joy coming from Aiden as he throws that snowball. Too fun. What a beautiful setting for Christmas!
Post a Comment